With Women's History Month arriving for 2013, the ladies of the Quantus Creative Social Media Marketing team were asking ourselves, "Who are some of our female heroes through history?" It turns out we have quite a few...women have been busy making stuff happen since the dawn of time! We've narrowed our list down to our top five female heroes, along with some links where you can learn more about these amazing, powerful ladies.
1. Audrey Hepburn - With a genuine love of giving, Audrey often considered her role as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador to be her finest work. Beautiful, elegant, and kind of heart, Audrey makes it to our list for her beauty, both inside and out.
2. Iris Apfel - With a successful Interior Design career built on her own merit, Iris has made fans not only of her stunning work, but of her eclectic sense of style. She stands out as a fashion icon, and dresses the way she wants to, with no apologies. Her sense of self is admirable, but her sense of style is enviable. Kudos to the rare bird of fashion!
3. Henrietta Lacks - You may not know her by name, but her immortal cells became the stuff of scientific breakthroughs in the cancer research world. Without her cells many medical milestones could have been delayed or never even created - polio vaccines, research on viral infections, and countless cancer research studies. Though she remained anonymous for some time, she was finally recognized for her essential role in cellular research in 1996. We're grateful for her contribution to science.
4. Rosa Parks - No. One word completely rattled the nation and strengthened her African American brothers and sisters to stand firm for equality. We think that's 'nuff said, right there.
5. Amelia Earhart - A groundbreaker in aviation and a role model for countless women and young girls around the world, Amelia showed us you can do whatever you want to do, even if it's something the boys' club doesn't think you're capable of. She also made sure her marriage was one with equally important roles, just like she envisioned the aviation world.
Who are some of your female heroes? We'd love to hear from you!